A few people have asked me how to get rid of old energies, feelings and thought forms. My favorite way to let go and start anew is with a fun new moon ritual. Why did I call it the Frozen ritual? Because we are going to "let it go" (get it?!). I find that you can do this ritual anytime you want, but its awesome and incredibly powerful to do it on a new moon. What do you need? Not much.
Supplies: Paper, writing utensil, matches or a lighter, a bowl or fire safe receptacle, a source of water
Optional Supplies: Salt, smudge stick, percussion (drum, rattle, bells, whatever you got)
If you can go outside and do this, that is great. If you can't, that's ok. We are gonna take care of it inside.
Ready? Lets go.
1. Clearing yourself: Mediation is great for this. If you can sit and mediate (by the way, it doesn't need to be a long mediation, 3-5 minutes will do just fine if you want) or you can listen to your favorite song. Other methods I'm fond of are dancing, singing, or doing some deep breathing exercises until you feel very calm. Clearing yourself is about getting rid of negative feeling in order to be in the right emotional state to receive whatever the universe has to give you.
2. Create Sacred Space: Find a place outside or indoors. Bring your sacred items so they can be around you such as any crystals, cards, beads or any other spiritual items you have. If you want, you can smudge the space to get ready for your ritual. Also, if you want to have fun calling in the divine, drumming, bells and rattles are a great way to let the spirits know you are ready to talk.
3. Write: Write down on a piece of paper what it is you want to be released from. Take your time with this. What stops you from feeling free? What beliefs are limiting you? What hurts are you still holding on to? Write everything down and BE HONEST as you can. When your done, sign it and date it.
4. Light it up: Light your candle.
5. Speak: Take your piece of paper and declare that you will now be letting this go. If your at a loss for words, say something like:
"I now let these emotions and thought forms to the universe. Let it be so."
Ignite that sucker. Now something interesting to note, if the paper is hard to burn, it means whatever your trying to get rid of is that much more difficult to let go of.
6. End it right: Put out the fire when your ready. Use water to cleanse yourself. You can wash your hands, take a shower and add some salt to the soap, or jump in a river or the ocean. Whatever is available.
Now, this is a just a suggestion. You can use this to create your own ritual! Look inside yourself and do something that is meaningful to you.
A place of fun, learning and exploring the awesome world of Tarot.